Energy Flow in Ecosystems: Course Overview
In this Life Science course, you will learn about the flow of energy through all life forms on Planet Earth.
* You will learn how light energy from our Sun is captured in the cells of green plants.
* You will identify the plant parts where light energy converts to chemical food energy.
* You will collect and classify examples of energy food producing plants.
* In a field study, you will film animals consuming the chemical energy of plants.
* Within a chosen biome, you will construct a model web of energy flow throughout the life forms.
- Teacher: Carolyn Watters